Sunday, August 15, 2010

India Awakening!!

My sleep was broken with a jostle. The wall clock was showing 5:00 am. The sleep was still lingering on, but it was difficult to doze off again. So, I decided to leave the bed. But, it's not very easy to wake 3 hours before the scheduled time of your classes. What to do? Study......nah, too boring and there is a risk of falling asleep again. So, I decided to go for a jog. Wow, I was putting on my sneakers after along long time. I felt nostalgic. The early morning atmosphere in BHU is splendid. So many people are here, walking, jogging, stretching and doing other forms of exercises including serious sports like Lawn-Tennis, Squash, Basketball, Swimming etc. So, I also joined my fellow comrades of people who strived to be fit and to inculcate the habit of rising early morning. I felt tired as I was totally out of shape. I started having chest pain. So I slowed down. I neared the Vishwanath Temple in our campus. Being the month of 'Shravan', it was thronged by devotees and 'kanwariyas'. I gave a bow to the Almighty Lord and continued with my journey back to my hostel. But the very next moment gave me immense pleasure and gave a pleasurable memory to attach with this venture. I overheard a 'kanwariya' talking to his 2yr old daughter in the local dialect. He said," Pray to Lord, O dear daughter. Pray to him and ask him to bestow upon you knowledge. Pray to him so that you can study really well and far, unhindered. Pray to him so that you become big and successful in your life." The man seemed to belong to a low socio-economic class and most people belonging to this class, and especially in eastern U.P.(rest of India is far from different), are indifferent towards a girl child, and especially in the matters of their education. It was a great relief and great pleasure to hear those words. India is changing. India is finally waking up from its slumber. What we Indians must do is stop criticising the bad things and focus on the good things. As, we can't expect overnight changes. But aye, we must strive ourself and encourage who are doing so. Proud to be an Indian...........

No comments:

Post a Comment